Questions? Call Today (310) 735-4767


Make sure your contractor follows proven industry-approved standards.

Our mission is to help promote healthier living through environmentally focused solutions!


Tips for Proper Containment and Remediation

It is important to note that the Mold Inspection and Remediation industry is limited in the areas of regulations and licensing.  A majority of Inspectors and Contractors obtain their knowledge through experience with many using guidelines put out from a variety of industry groups.  To assist you in your project we are providing some helpful tips and tricks to ensure it is a success.  However, we do recommend using a licensed professional from our network HERE


DIY Mold Remediation tips

Green Home Pros recommends working with a trained, certified, and insured company for remediation work.  If you are going to attempt to clean the mold yourself follow these minimum steps provided by the CDC:

1. Put on the personal protective equipment described above to protect your eyes, nose, mouth, and skin.

2. Remove standing water and wet materials. Use a wet vacuum to remove water from floors, carpets, and hard surfaces. Dry your home and everything in it as quickly as you can – within 24 to 48 hours if you can.

3. Open all doors and windows when you are working and leave as many open as is safe when you leave.
– Open inside doors, especially closets and interior rooms, to let air flow to all areas. Take doors off their hinges if you need to.
– Open kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity doors; remove drawers, wipe them clean, and stack them to dry.
– Open the attic access to let air flow to the attic. Before you open the attic door, make sure nothing will fall on you.

4. When electricity is safe to use, use fans and dehumidifiers to remove moisture. Do not use if mold has already started to grow, because it may spread the growth.

5. Clean with water and a detergent. Remove all mold you can see. Dry right away.

6. If you use cleaning products, do not mix cleaning products together. DO NOT mix bleach and ammonia because it can create toxic vapors.

7. Painting or caulking over mold will not prevent mold from growing. Fix the water problem completely and clean up all the mold before you paint or caulk.

8. Throw away items that can’t be cleaned and dried. Throw away anything that was wet with flood water and can’t be cleaned and dried completely within 24 to 48 hours. If you have precious items that you want to preserve, follow these guidelines from the Smithsonian Institute:



Secure Your Home. Conserve Your Water.

(310) 735-4767

9800d Topanga Cyn Blvd. #523

Chatsworth, CA. 91311